18 February 2012

life and musings on it

I'm really upset right now because my knees are very sore. So sore I had to go see both a bike fit guy and a physiotherapist. Physio says I have to lay off serious biking till my problem is solved... But, biking, like, saved my life from depression and angst. So I'm upset that I have to lay off when all I want to do is be out on the bike and not worrying about anything.

Basically the knees are sore because I have a muscle imbalance from I guess improper pedalling? bike fit guy gave me insoles for fallen arches and adjusted the cleats on my clipless pedals, telling me to use them more. They do keep my knees straighter but I'm clumsy as F*** and fall over in stopped traffic periodically when I go to lean on the unclipped foot but end up falling over on the side that is still clipped in. So it kinda scares me. I guess I just need more practice. Or should I just always unclip both feet when coming to a stop? (I'm asking in case Travis or any cyclists read this blog)

As far as life goes... I feel like I am stuck in a rut of just going to work then coming home and futzing about on the internet before sleeping. Or going out to have a few drinks with Ethiopian boyfriend while he plays pool. Or I guess going to see a movie with him. It's nice and I like it (and him), but I did come to Ireland to see, like, Ireland... ( heyhey by the way MUPPETSISSOMUCHNOSTALGIA<3<3<3 )

thing is, I do have plans for travelling more. I'm saving up. Supposedly. My job will end at the end of May, then I will have June, July, and August of unemployment and freedom to do whatever I want to do with the funds I have left before I go home. I get paid a ridiculously awesome amount and for the next few weeks I'll be working full days instead of half days so I'll be banking even more. I'm, like, a professional, you guys. When did that happen? I just have to stop spending so much money at the bike shop and I'll be golden.

I was supposed to buy a new camera today, but I forgot so I never even left the house. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow or monday. idk. I still need to sort thru all the pictures that I've taken since I got here so i can post 'em 'n' shit.

also, I am addicted to watching episodes of Whose Line is it Anyway on Youtube which is distressing because I'm on a limited data plan and am probably going to exceed it this month. (firstworldproblems??)

sorry this blog entry is kinda ADD. I thought it would be better than posting nothing at all. if you want more info on anything I put in here, comment and I'll write more about it.

pax.

No comments:

Post a Comment