02 July 2013

Video of my 25 mph wipeout from day 14

Finally started sorting thru the videos on my contourROAM since coming back early from KY after my injury.

The most exciting/frightening video is, of course, the video of my 25 mph wipeout downhill in VA. It's described, and my injuries are pictured, in my blog entry titled TransAmerica Cycle 2013, day 14.

Have a look at it below:






All I can say is, I'm really fortunate that I passed Jenn in the beginning of the video, so at least one person was behind me when I crashed. Everyone else kept cycling and it took me and Jenn like 6 or 7 miles to finally catch up to them at the bottom of the hill--and that's when I get the first aid from the 2nd half of this video. It would have been a lot more disheartening and difficult to proceed if I had been by myself for all of it.

Freaking gravel after a blind turn >:(

As for the rest of my footage, there's some nice downhills and things that I managed to film in VA, some of which may find their way to my youtube channel (jameverywhere). Mostly I think I will give the best clips to Dan so that when he makes his video of the entire trip, once they return from Oregon, he can use my clips in the beginning part.

It's a shame I won't be finishing this trip with them but I have a lot on my plate right now, physically and emotionally and professionally, and I just can't bring myself to get back on the road at this time.

I will, however, continue to cycle and continue to go on cycle tours every few years--but maybe not 3-month-long ones, maybe 2 to 5 weeks is a better time frame for it.

I will also attempt to keep blogging here. For those of you who came to this blog purely to follow the TransAmerica Cycle, I'm sorry that I will not be writing any more of it, as I will not be continuing the trip with my fellow Handlebarbarians. Perhaps I will explain why in detail in a later post. My blog will turn back to my life and my attempts to follow the Jam Everywhere philosophy described in Jam Everywhere episode 2 (which you can view here).

Thank you all for reading and supporting my blog during our cycling adventures. I hope some of you might stick around for what comes next.

pax.

No comments:

Post a Comment